How you are perceived by anyone starts with how you look, but finishes with how you communicate. It is no accident that the most successful people in the world are amazing communicators. This is the only reason anyone listens to their ideas, invests in their dreams and commits to them personally. Not all their ideas were great but they are inclusive of others rather than exclusive, inviting comment, inviting new strategies and information and then building on those.
Great communicators are not just great orators, they are great listeners, they listen to their colleagues, they listen to those who have mastered what they are learning, they listen to those who can build on their ideas. They are collaborators and mediators with the ability to use words to show you what you might become. They invite you to become a part of their dream. You can’t get your way every day but you can certainly take something of value from every exchange.
Communication is not just about talking and listening on your part, it is also about others wanting to hear what you have to say and being inspired by it. They may be inspired to end a rift or deepen a bond, work harder or support your goals. If you have ever watched dragons den, you will see how good ideas flounder in the face of poor communication. Just as you will see something without merit gaining a foothold, simply because the experienced business folk, feel inspired by the person themselves.
Learn Effective Communication with Dorothy to create a new personal or business strategy. This program is offered in two phases, phase 1 for personal relationships and phase 2 for professional. You can do either or both depending on what you goals are.
- You will discover what your communication type is, and how to use it to your advantage.
- How to ask the right questions to keep an important conversation going, deepening it to gain the information you need and/or create the opportunity to say what you are trying to say.
- Learn to create instant rapport and the best way to close that deal successfully.
- Master difficult conversations either personal or business
- Add value as an employee, salesperson or management
- Interview for jobs in the right way for each interview
- Shift the power from someone else to yourself in any conversation
- Build relationships and support groups
- Become and effective teacher or tutor
- Relate challenging information without attracting conflict
- Build bridges and repair damaged relationships personal or business
- Manage staff and easily get what you want from individuals in your employ
- Give yourself the best chance of success when asking for a raise, or sowing seeds for future promotions
- Be the master of your own business by expressing effectively with clients or potential clients
- Be a team leader or learn how to create a team environment where things may have been overly competitive
- Engender trust and become a leader in your area of expertise